Georgina Public Library (GPL) cards are free to anyone living, working, attending school, or paying taxes in Georgina or in one of the municipalities with which GPL has reciprocal borrowing agreements.
These libraries are:
Any materials borrowed from our reciprocol partners must be returned to that lending library.
Georgina Public Library is unable to return materials to those lending partners on your behalf.
How to get a Georgina Public Library card
To get a GPL card, come to one of our three locations with proof that you are eligible for a library card. Options for proof include:
- a piece of identification that shows your current address (e.g. driver's licence)
- a property tax bill
- a student card or other proof of enrolment in an educational institution
- employment information (e.g. employment letter or pay stub)
If you do not live, work, or attend school in one of the above municipalities, you may purchase a non-resident membership for $30/person or $50/family, per year.
- Children under the age of 13 require a parent or guardian co-signer who assumes responsibility for library materials borrowed.
- Materials cannot be borrowed without your library card.
- If you prefer to keep your library card information on your mobile device, you can use the CardStar app.
Get the app for iOs; Android; Windows Phone; Blackberry (some exceptions); Nokia **CardStar app is available at Keswick Library only.**
- To renew your card, every two years you will be asked to provide your proof of eligibility and update your contact information.
For further details, you can read our Membership Policy.